This list of early settlers of Beaver Harbour, Pennfield Parish, came from the Provincial Archives of New Brunswick (PANB). The letter that accompanied the list stated that it had been donated to the Archives, and that there is no reference for it.
It has been transcribed as it appears, with some words crossed out and others written in over them. The table of ten-acre lots is missing lot eight. There is no explanation given for that, or for the missing lots between 59 and 108 in the other table.
The list is not dated. The online land grant database for New Brunswick, at http://www.lib.unb.ca/gddm/data/panb/panbweb.html, can be checked for the dates of these grants. These people must have occupied their lots before the official grants, though, and likely soon after their arrival, which suggests that this list was made in the first year or two of the settlement.
See the Glimpses of the Past article LXXII, PENNS FIELD, for information on how the Friends Company (Quakers) came to what is now Charlotte County. This indicates that they arrived in 1783. Another of these articles, LXXVI, FORGOTTEN TOWNS, tells us a little more about this settlement. According to this, Beaver Harbour was "swept away" by a forest fire in 1790. Another source, an article called "The Exodus of the Loyalists from Penobscot and the Loyalist Settlements at Passamaquoddy," by Prof. W. H. Siebert, contained in Collections of the New Brunswick Historical Society, No. 9, 1914, states that Beaver Harbour was destroyed by fire in 1787. It's not clear if two fires occurred, but it is apparent that the settlement suffered at least one major fire in that time period. Article LXXVI tells us that the settlement was said to have 300 houses in 1786, but only one (Elias Wright's) in 1832.
PANB has some Quaker records on microfilms F10408 and F10409. One item from film F10408 is a 1797 deed of sale by Tilly Howe of Lot One, Letter A in Beaver Harbour to John Garrison of Saint John. This is a copy of the original deed, not a registration copy, and has signatures of "Tillay" Howe, Joshua Knight and Elias Wright. The latter two names appear on this list, but Tilly Howe was a later arrival.
PANB film F9829 contains an 1807 letter from Peter Waltman, another of the Quaker settlers, to "Mr. Stricklen," who was probably John Strickland, also on this list. "Mr. Stricklen," it appears, had the rights to some as-yet-ungranted land, the location of which is not given here. Presumably it was in Charlotte County and possibly in Beaver Harbour. As he was not living on it at the time this letter was written and had not otherwise met the requirements, he would not be entitled to the land when it was officially granted. Peter was offering to pay him something for the rights to the land so that he could receive the grant instead, rather than having it go back to the Crown to be granted eventually to someone else. "Mr. Brown" may have been Benjamin Brown, who also appears on this list. Note that this letter was signed "Petter Waltman" and the document that appears in article LXXII, above, was signed "Peter Woltma" in a different hand. It is likely that this man was unable to write, and he had others sign his name for him. There is no land grant to indicate that Peter was successful in his bid to purchase the rights to "Mr. Stricklen's" land.
Peter Waltman left the Quaker settlement sometime between Apr. 9, 1788, and Feb. 18, 1790. These are the dates of two land transactions involving Peter. In the first, he was of the Parish of Pennfield, and in the second, he was of the Parish of St. George. On Apr. 8, 1788, he bought Lot 112 in the Quaker Settlement from John Strickland. On Feb. 18, 1790, he sold the same lot to Eleazar Sanger. (These records, from Service New Brunswick, 73 Milltown Blvd, PO Box 5001, St. Stephen, NB E3L 1G5, are from Book B, pages 438 and 439, respectively.) Other land transactions indicate that he later owned land on the Magaguadavic River in what is now the Bonny River area of St. George Parish, as his daughter, Margaret (Waltman) Logan, sold the family land (Book 2, page 613; and Book 13, page 455) after the death of her parents. It may be that Peter went to this Bonny River land as early as 1790, though there is no record to tell us how or when he acquired it.
The 1807 letter requests that a reply be sent by the bearer, Aaron Linton, who was "Moses Winder's couson." Moses Winder's name also appears on this list, though Aaron Linton's doesn't. An Aaron Linton owned land in the Bonny River area as well, as he and his wife Eunice sold land there to James and Samuel Moreland in a deed dated Aug. 16, 1822 (Book L, page 123). There was a stream in the same area called Winder Stream. It seems that Peter Waltman and Moses Winder may both have gone to the Bonny River area after leaving the Friends Settlement.